Creek Crossing – Urgent Rehabilitation
Client: Queensland Urgan Utilities
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Status: October 2016 – March 2017
The works included:
- Provide 24/7 Bypass Pumping
- Remove existing stone pitching and concrete surround/support at each end of the crossing taking care not to damage the adjacent existing gas and water mains.
- Remove existing timber piles.
- Remove the existing DN150 CI sewer main (LS87690) and dispose of materials.
- Cut into the existing AC sewer at each end to allow for secure connection of the new pipe. Note QUU requirements for works involving AC pipes.
- Construct DN600 RC bored pile and pile cap at each side of the crossing.
- Supply and install a new OD168 MSCL sewer pipe crossing and make connections at each end to the existing sewer using suitable MS/AC couplings.
- Supply and install rock gabion baskets at the northern side of the crossing.
- Leak test the new sewer.
- Provide compacted embedment material around the completed sewer pipe at each bank.
- Provide rock scour protection around the pipe penetration into the bank and around the pile cap at each side of the creek.
- Construct concrete thrust blocks as required.
- Reinstate water supply.− Remove the remainder of the existing DN225 MSCL water main (RS12010) and dispose of materials.
- Cap the existing water main at the southern end at the scour tee.
- Provide compacted embedment material around the completed connection points on each bank.Make good the rock scour protection at each side of the creek.
- Provide jute matting and carry out revegetation works to the remaining disturbed areas at each side of the creek.