Moodlu Quarry Offstream Water Storage Scheme
Client: Caboolture Shire Council
Location: Moodlu, QLD
Status: Complete, May 2007
Supply of detailed design, materials, labour and equipment required for the construction of the Moodlu Quarry Offstream Storage Scheme including:
- Pump out 140,000m³ of water from the base of the quarry and excavate sump.
- Manufacture and install new pump stations at both Wararba Creek and Moodlu Quarry,
- Construct 1700m of 300mm of new DICL pipeline connecting the pumping stations
- Supply and construct new 500mm dia siphon over the existing weir at Wararba Creek.
- Rock blasting and drilling of 18m long rock bolts to stabilise the quarry walls and the pipework.
- Supply and installation of pump stations at each end of the works with a deep pipeline running down the quarry wall into the base of the Quarry.
- Supply and install switchboards and controls